Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Whew! We had a busy Labor Day Weekend! Saturday we went to our neighbors (the Bafias) camper on a lake, I think it is somewhere down in Godley..............you take I55 south............. Anyways----- It was a beautiful day, sunny but not too warm. The boys were so excited to go to the beach. Mason kept telling me "I wanna go to da beach". They played in the sand and the water and went on the boat. Parker even went on the "SeaDog". Mason was so tired, after no nap, that he fell asleep on the way home at 6:30 and slept until 7:00 the next morning! Needless to say--Parker now wants a boat and a place on the lake. And Jackson was telling Becky that he was coming back "tomorrow".
Sunday after Church, we went to meet our friends, the Kracinskis, at the Frankfort Fall Fest. I t was a HOT day. We found ourselves seeking shade. The kids, of course, enjoyed the carnival rides and ice cream. And Lisa and I "shopped" the many craft booths. I bought neat picture frames that have the kids names cut out of the bottom. (yep--of course, picture frames, for my lots of pictures). We went to Aurelios afterwards and enjoyed the air conditioning and pizza.
Monday--Labor Day--We went to my parents house to celebrate my Moms' birthday, which is Sept. 4th. My sisters were there, so of course with 7 kids running around, it's a bit loud and crazy. We ordered Jimmy John Sandwiches for lunch. I called to place the food order and apparently they did not hear me order a BLT for my mom, so the birthday girls lunch was not delivered. BUMMER! I then took the kids over to the Houcks house (friends from Church) . They made a delicious prime rib for dinner. The kids had fun hanging out and running around outside. I was soooooooooo tired and could not wait to put the kids to bed so I could relax.

2 comments:

Lisa Kracinski said...

What a busy weekend! Whew, you made me tired. Your poor Mom. That's kinda funny. Now that I joined facebook, I haven't made time to update my blog. I need to do that soon.

The Boe's ~ said...

Yes, I also was tired for you....all that running around,but having tons of fun while doing it, I"m sure!!
I had to laugh at the part where you bought more frames!!! Can't wait to see them =)