Friday, March 27, 2009

Hearts At Home

This is the second year that I have had the opportunity to attend Hearts at Home. To explain what it is here is an excerpt from their site "Hearts at Home is a Christ-centered organization that encourages, educates, and equips women in the profession of motherhood. " I attended the conference down in Bloomington on March 13-15. They offer women the chance to attend workshops based on parenting, marriage, finances, organization, spiritual growth and even fashion. It is an amazing event to attend. You learn, laugh and cry all in the same weekend. Many women from my church attended. I was able to go with my friends Kristin, Corri, Lisa, and Jen (to name a few). We heard Kevin Leman speak and Lisa and I were able to get our books signed by him and get a picture with him. We also heard an entertaining Christian childrens band called the Go Fish guys. They were so friendly when we wanted a picture with them.
The Go Fish Guys
outside on the college campus
Lisa and I with Kevin Leman
Kevin Leman speaking

No comments: