Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dear Santa--We've been good

Christmas is just around the corner.........and my kids are making their wish lists. Surprisingly -they don't have the "gimmies" too bad. Parker's main desire is for an IPOD nano----I keep hearing "I really want one" and "am I going to get it?". Jackson wants legos, magna-tiles and a Leapster game. Mason wants a "big truck and a big truck for mommy", and the Geo-trax airport. So, it will be an easy Christmas for us.....I just have had a difficult time giving out ideas to other family members. We first saw Santa on November 23rd at the mall. We had gone to get holiday pictures taken and Mason saw 2 kids with candy canes. He assumed the photographers would be giving him one once we were done with pictures. Not the case. They did not have candy canes. And so the sobbing started. I then had this bright idea that Santa might have candy canes. So I did this pep talk as we walked over to see him. I have never seen a 2 1/2 year old so anxious so see Santa. He walked right up to him. Santa reached out to Mason and wanted to put him on his lap. Me--being the protective parent-- shook my head. But Santa picked him up anyways and Mason willingly sat! And then told him what he wanted. I about fell over---NO TEARS. So the next time we went to the mall, he asked to go see Santa. We had a family party on the 6th and the big guy usually makes an appearance. However, this time Mason was not too keen on chatting with him. (this is where the picture is from) .

1 comment:

Lisa Kracinski said...

Parker looks less than thrilled. That's cute though. I took the kids to some nursery on the 6th. They have Santa every year the 1st Saturday of December and they also have real reindeer. The kids like it a lot. It was freezing this year though!