Monday, October 27, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day for a Hike

My boys love the outdoors.....I guess they are typical boys. We have been stuck inside lately due to the rain and cold weather. So when Sunday's weather was decent we decided to head over to McKinely Woods for a hike. Parker and Mason were excited----Jackson was a bit unsure...A few deer were spotted as soon as we got there. Mason took off running full speed on the trail....Jackson soon behind (a slight change in attitude here :) ) We soon came upon a older man, walking slowly...I felt sorry for him as I think we disturbed his peace and quiet. My boys soon found fallen trees---many fallen trees--and wanted to climb them. Being the good parents that we were-----we said "yes". They were so excited. One tree had fallen across some sort of a ravine (??). At the highest point --they were maybe 4 feet off the ground. Mike and I stood there with smiles on our faces as we watched them teeter with excitement across the logs...and as Jackson was yelling for Parker to move faster. Then as one point Jackson slipped----and fell about 3 feet down---he hit the ground, rolled over, jumped up ---and laughed! They loved the leaves, and rocks and walking on the bridges.

1 comment:

Lisa Kracinski said...

That looks like a lot of fun. My kids would love that!