Monday, October 20, 2008

Camping---(again)

It has been 2 weeks since my last blog (GASP!)
We went camping with some great friends of ours over Columbus Day Weekend. The kids had a 4 day weekend from school, but unfortunately, Mike had to work 3 of those days. Our friends were going out to their club and I decided to take the boys and the dogs without Mike, as this would probably be the last camping trip until Spring. I was thinking maybe I could be Supermom! I packed ALL of the camping gear, clothes, food, etc, and then packed the entire van by myself! (Mike did come and meet us out there on his day off). It was cute becuase I had told the boys we were going camping and where we were going --as we had been there before. But when we pulled up to the gate Jackson gasps and yells in excitement- "This is where we are going?!?!" . The weather was beautiful (unlike the previous weekend) and we had a great time. Our good friends the Houcks, Szewczyks and Trotters were there. We were able to sleep in this HUGE motor home that the Trotters had borrowed for the weekend. The kids always have a great time--we are close tothe playground, there are real bathrooms and lots of kids to play with. We went on a boat ride, went fishing, carved pumpkins, went on a scavenger hunt, hung out by the bonfire, and got plenty of mosquito bites! The mosquitos were awful! We used bug spray, yard guard, mosquito sticks, citronella candles.......and nothing prevented those bites. Mason and Jackson had the worst of it--with each having at least 12 bites on their face alone. But all in all-- we had a good time, the boys were upset (and I was exhausted) when we left Sunday evening to head for home.

2 comments:

Amy K. said...

I love that your small group does so much together...it really looks like so much fun! I love the photo of all the kids!

Lisa Kracinski said...

I heard that Listerine and water in a spray bottle does wonders for mosquitoes. I can't remember the concentration though. That camping trip sounded like fun!